Clare has a broad range of professional skills gained across both the private and public sectors (specifically education).
As a business psychologist, coach and trainer, Clare specialises in career change and in particular, clients who are making a major transition away from their current career or life situation.
Regardless of one’s age, moving away from the known to the unknown is daunting. It is also the worry of getting it wrong. This is where Clare helps. She has gone through this personally and understands the decision-making and dilemmas clients have.
Clare is unique in this role due to her experiences in different but related careers. Her experiences of confronting fears and taking on change head-on makes her appealing to clients who may be finding change hard to address. She has coached teenagers, professional sports people amongst others to cope with change.
Clare’s coaching style is supportive and empathetic whilst having the ability to stretch and challenge. Her objective is to facilitate a client’s awareness of their competences, habits, and behaviours whilst supporting them through specific developmental exercises to instigate change. Her measured and reassuring approach ensures that clients are confident about the choices they make.
She has also researched the impact of change as a stressor within educational middle managers and advised colleges on the importance of coaching as a coping strategy that improves resilience and well-being.
Clare has a wealth of experience ranging from strategic brand marketing for major FMCG brands including Hovis, Nimble and Bulmers through to educational management in the FE sector.
She learnt to be adaptable caused by continuous change due to Government policies, OFSTED, and austerity measures. Through a mixture of innovative learning techniques for end users and supportive coaching of her team meant the department was consistently judged as ‘outstanding’.
Clare saw the impact of stress first-hand in educational staff which resulted in her working with Activate Learning as part of her MSc in Occupational and Business Psychology to identify the key stressors within their roles.
- She now has her own private clients but also works as a freelance coach for FutureProofPro Ltd, Morrisby and GFB Group.
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society in identifying and coaching for performance improvements and stress management.
- Experienced and qualified rowing coach, formerly with Leander Club, Shiplake College.
- BSc (Hons) LSE, MSc Occupational and Business Psychology (Kingston Business School)
- BPS approved coaching certificates in Stress Management and Performance Coaching.
- British Psychological Society registered test user for ability and personality assessments (formerly A & B).
- Diploma in Marketing (CIM)
- PGCE Business Education.
- Certificate in hypnotherapy.
- Qualified user of 15FQ+
- Skills training: Presenting, Finance for Non-financial Managers, Leadership skills.